Part-Time Role: 15 hours per week (potentially 20 hours)
Location: Remote Work based in Ireland with occasional requirements to travel Dublin or college campuses for meetings
Open to: Candidates living in Ireland
Salary: Negotiable – depending on skills and experience
Start Date: August 2022
Contract: 9 months
Students for Life is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual who will contribute to the strategic development of the pro-life movement in Ireland via their role as Student Outreach Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate who is deeply committed to pro-life activism.
Students for Life exists to support and encourage pro-life students on third-level campuses around Ireland, aiming to assist them in becomming effective pro-life activists. SFL aims to help students in educating and informing others about fundamental human rights, specifically the right to life. SFL supports pregnant students and parents on campus, and believes that no student should have to choose between education and having a baby.
Key duties of the Student Outreach Officer role include:
- Supporting student pro-life activists in creating on-campus initiatives.
- Supporting student pro-life activists in creating online activities.
- Management of Volunteers/other part time staff to achieve aims and objectives
- Maintaining contact with and assisting (if applicable) existing pro-life societies
- Management of supporters database.
- Development of a team to curate SFL materials/content/social media graphics and posters.
- Management of SFL website.
- Management and curation of SFL social media accounts and interaction with PLC social media accounts.
- Management of budget for promotion and advertising of SFL Social activity.
- Liaising with students and college groups.
- Attending conferences and events to promote SFL nationally.
- Appearance on SFL platforms and at events to promote SFL
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of life-issues (abortion, euthanasia etc)
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with WordPress, Mailchimp and Canva would be beneficial.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Full drivers licence would be beneficial.
- Holds the highest standards of personal integrity, honesty and effectiveness.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 13th July 2022