No products in the cart.
Support pregnant students and parents on campus
- / Support pregnant students and parents on campus
Students should not have to choose between continuing their education or having a baby. We as students need to encourage our college administration and our peers to identify, advertise, improve, and expand resources for pregnant and parenting students on our college campuses. See below for ways you can help.
- Students for Life have a dedicated survey to assess the facilities and support which exist on campus for parents. Contact us if you wish to carry out this survey on your college campus.
- Lobby college authorities for better facilities for parents on campus.
- Take active steps to improve life on campus for student parents.
You and your student group could collect for pregnancy support organisations who help pregnant women, mothers and families. Here are some organisations who provide practical support and items such as nappies, clothes, baby equipment and toiletries for babies and children.
Community Connect – https://communityconnect.ie
Lacken & Emily’s Baby Bank – https://www.facebook.com/lakensandemilysbabybankIE/
Gianna Care – http://www.giannacare.ie
St Vincent de Paul – https://www.svp.ie/get-help/request-help-online.aspx
Zoe Community – https://zoecommunity.ie
These groups offer women who have experienced abortion non-judgemental support
- Rachel’s Vineyard – http://www.rachelsvineyard.ie
provides counselling and healing programmes for those suffering after an abortion
- Women Hurt – http://www.womenhurt.ie
are a group of Irish women who share their stories and make women aware of the professional help that is available to them.
- Silent No More – http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org
is a campaign designed to reach out to people hurt by abortion and provide hope in healing.