Part-Time Role: 15 hours per week (potentially 20 hours)
Location: Remote Work based in Ireland
Open to: Both Local and International Candidates
Salary: Negotiable – depending on skills and experience
Start Date: March 2022
Contract: 6 months
Students for Life is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual who will contribute to the strategic development of the pro-life movement in Ireland via their role as Student Outreach Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate who is deeply committed to pro-life activism.
Students for Life exists to support and encourage pro-life students on third-level campuses around Ireland, aiming to assist them in becomming effective pro-life activists. SFL aims to help students in educating and informing others about fundamental human rights, specifically the right to life. SFL supports pregnant students and parents on campus, and believes that no student should have to choose between education and having a baby. For more information on the work of Students For Life see www.studentsforlife.ie
Key duties of the Student Coordinator role include:
- Supporting student pro-life activists in creating on campus initiatives.
- Supporting student pro-life activists in creating online activities
- Management of Volunteers/other part time staff to achieve aims and objectives Maintaining contact with and assisting (if applicable) existing pro-life societies
- Management of supporters database
- Development of a team to curate SFL materials/content/social media graphics and posters
- Management of SFL website
- Management of SFL social media accounts and interaction with PLC social media accounts.
- Management of budget for promotion and advertising of SFL Social activity
- Liaising with students and college groups
- Attending conferences and events to promote SFL nationally
- Appearance on SFL platforms and at events to promote SFL
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to write policy proposals, briefings, speeches, digital and campaign content, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of life-issues (abortion, euthanasia etc)
- Good understanding of the Irish cultural and political context
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team
- Full drivers licence would be beneficial
- Holds the highest standards of personal integrity, honesty and effectiveness.